At Bad Monkey Electric, we stand behind our safety manual. Not only is it our duties to understand the National Electrical Code but we understand how to safely interact with electrical equipment on a daily basis -Steve Gill (President)
With only an estimated 5-10 incidents happening in the U.S. every day, Arc Flashes may not be common. But when they do happen…
The results are life-changing & horrific. An Arc Flash incident can produce temperatures up to 35,000 degrees and can cause severe burns, hearing loss, lung damage, eye injuries… the list goes on.
That’s why there’s been an intense focus by Bad Monkey Electric on preventing them by following OSHA & NFPA guidelines. In fact, studies have shown that electrical injuries are likely to occur in cases where there were NFPA 70E violations.
Arc Flash Safety Facts:
- There are an estimated 30,000 Arc Flash incidents every year
- 5-10 Arc explosions occur in electric equipment in the United States every day
- Fatal burns can occur even several feet away from the Arc
- Temperatures produced from an Arc Flash can reach 35,000 degrees
- 2/3 of all the electrical injuries result from inappropriate action of a worker
- 80% of electrical worker fatalities are due to burns, NOT shock